Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Do you ever find it hard not to get mad at God sometimes? Isnt it hard not to ask him why are you doing this to me? Complain to Him about the circumstances your going through. This my be a fight with your best friend, being low on money with a car payment or school bill coming up, your parents saying no to letting you go out with your girlfriend one night, losing a loved one. The list can go on and on.

About a year ago, on June 27, 2005, my favorite uncle died of an aneurism. Two day after my graduation party. I can remember him coming a talking to me for about 2 minutes, about baseball, girls, you know the fun stuff you and your uncle always talk about. As he left I gave him a quick hand shake goodbye and told him see ya on the 4th. Didnt say, "I love ya" or anything of the sort. I just wanted to get back to my friends. I knew he cared about me, and wanted the best for me. But I didnt know that 48 hours later Id never see him again. I remember hearing stories about how worried he was of me when I almost died the one day on the pitchers mound, or how proud he was of me about baseball and the way I was living my life. A year earlier I can recall me and him talking about how much he appreciated me, and how much he loves me. At that time I didnt really think of it to seriously, cause I thought I had many years to come to hang out with him, hear him say "get r done" and "stuuuud" and hear that one of a kind laugh. I will never forget that! Ill always keep those times at jellystone chucking a football around at the site or running and diving for it in the lake for hours on end in my mind. Or putting those smoke bombs on the back of our bikes and riding around the park thinking we are the coolest kids around. There are so many awesome memories.

That day at work when my mom called me and I had to go into my bosses office and tell him what happened and end up breaking down crying. That was one of the worst days. I remember thinking why are you doing this to my Lord? Why would you just take him away like that? No good can come out of this. I remember being angry and complaining to the Lord. Asking Him a ton of questions, not knowing how to handle it or what to do? Now looking back on that, I wish I would have known what I do now. I wish I would have read about how Holy our God really is. "His absolute holiness should be a great comfort and assurance to us. If God is perfect and completely holy, then we can be confident that His actions toward us or the people around us, are always perfect and just. We always want to think God is being unfair to us, and why is He doing this? But it is impossible in the very nature of God that He can be unfair. Because He is holy, all His actions are holy" (Jerry Bridges). When we complain against God, we truely are saying that God isnt holy. Because everything that God puts into our life really does have a purpose. It is all part of his plan. We need to be thankful for everything God brings to us. Every trail or issue. We need to thank God for the chance He gives us to show Him we want to do His will and what is right. Our God is soooo big! Thanks yall for reading. I heart ya! Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home