Tuesday, August 29, 2006

There is one thing that every girl should know about guys. I have never met a guy that this isnt true about. Its what drives us, what makes us want to be better or the best. Well what is it you ask?On Sunday I was shown something that really spoke to me. Something that will push me at work, at college, and everything that I do. Pastor was talking about how the one thing that pushes a guy to his best is the respect of his girl. It is so true. He told a story about how after every Sunday service no matter what, his wife comes up to him and tells him what a great job he did. He said thats what pushes him the most besides the Lord. He told us though one morning his wife forgot to tell him this and he got all down that afternoon and thought he really blew it that morning. He even told his wife that. "I really blew it this morning didnt I?" But then she told him, "no no I forgot Im sry. You did sooo good this morning. Im proud of you." For some reason this small part of the sermon really spoke to me. Its the part the Lord really was trying to tell me I have a feeling. As college approaches fast and the nerves start to build about being 1000 miles away from home alone, this is one thing that will push me on my bad days. This is the one thing I will remember. I am there to gain the respect from my future wife, future kids, and future job. I need to grow; in the Lord, and in life. No matter what I can not fall. With my Lord I wont!

Every morning when I wake up looking up at the ceiling of my dorm room Ill see my poster that says, "All that you do, do it diligently, and unto the Lord. Do it for everyone who has taught you, and everyone that will teach you. Be thankful for what you have. The skills you have been given, the desire you have to succeed. Do it for your future; Future wife, future kids, future job. EARN YOUR RESPECT. You know you want it, live out what the Lord has given you!! And do it to the best of your ability. Live smart, not lazy! You are blessed to get another day! Live it to the fullest! To the world you may be just one person but to one person you are the world!" ~Zachary David Schultz

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto your own understanding; In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct thy paths. ~Proverb 3:6,5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home