Sunday, February 18, 2007

Living in His presence. Lately I have been praying immensely hard for God to bring his presence on me. Through my devotionals, I have learned a lot about my Heavenly Daddy’s presence. There are three different presences of God. The first of course is his omnipresence. Which means God is everywhere and everywhere is God. He can be everywhere at one time. This is more a distant thinking of our God I believe though. It doesn’t show a relationship with our Lord and Savior. The second is the abiding presence of God. This is the belief that God is with us everywhere we go; in the car, in our home, at work, everywhere. But the third is the kind of presence I’m praying everyday for. It is the manifest presence of God. It is the only one that comes with a growing relationship with the Lord. This is faithfully seeing, “God’s creative, excellent, living, loving, joyful, encouraging, faithful, true, good, and holy presence flowing around and within us.” (Dave Earley) We may not have the ability to visibly see our God. That we will have to wait until Heaven for. But right now we can have Heaven on Earth. We can live everyday close to our God, Lord, Savior, Daddy, and friend. He loves us more than we can ever comprehend. He wants to have a close relationship with us. Every time we talk to him, study him, and think of Him, He smiles. I have learned to love my time with the Lord everyday. I look forward to it. This is something I haven’t had in a while. Everyday I go to the same place to talk to and learn about my Friend and Daddy. It’s my prayer closet. I turned my closet in my dorm room into my place with the Lord. In this place, I can feel and hear His presence. I love it there. I go there in the quiet part of the day; when everybody else is in class. There I can hear the quiet whisper of God speak to me. I speak my mind, and talk to him like my best friend. I have a face to face talk with my God. It’s the most amazing feeling in the world. My love for my Savior is growing more and more everyday. Along with my wisdom. Like it says in Proverbs 3:15, “Wisdom is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare to her.” We have the amazing chance to learn about and speak to the creator of us and everything around us. God’s word is sharper than any sword. With God we can withstand any temptation. The Lord is with us through any trial. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. But with the Lord we don’t have to fear anything!!

1 Comments:

Blogger P. Mick said...

Great, Zack! It is an encouragement and thrill to me to see God at work in you. A real knowledge of our real God - I love it! Stay enthused, Guy! I will be praying that God's richest blessing continues to be poured out on you. Keep us posted!

P. Mick

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home